My Heart, Your Home: The Bump ~ 33 Weeks   

Wednesday 30 January 2013

The Bump ~ 33 Weeks




The last week has been a non event week... I have been focusing on finding my centre again. Taking control of my mind and my body. I have made some big decisions and I have spent time at home doing nothing. I have made a conscious effort to do only for myself this week, trying to nurture my heart and bring my mind back to full health. 

I feel better for this week but know that I still have a long way to go. I have decided that tomorrow I will speak to my midwives and ask to speak to someone about my anxiety and my stress. It is time for me to take control and to make sure that I am in a calm and peaceful state when I welcome Jelly into the world.

I will not be stretching myself again. I choose to do only what I am capable of doing. I choose to say no, to put my feet up, to drink more tea and to eat more ice cream. I choose to spoil myself and my family with time, peace and calm over the next 6 weeks. We need the downtime, the quiet, more than anything. We need each other, we need to support each other and we need to stay together.

For too long I have been allowing myself to drift away from what is important to me and my family. I have been allowing myself to be stretched too thin and my mental state has suffered. I have allowed myself to lose sight of myself. So for the next 6 weeks is about finding myself again.

Jelly, I will be present, I will be calm, I will be relaxed and I will be open to welcoming you into my life and our family. I will be doing my best to make sure the my mind, body and soul is ready for you and for our lives to start together. You are my focus. 

Its you and me babe, together we will find our centre

No comments:

Post a Comment